Hello lovelies! Good week and lots of bits to share with you today! Don’t forget, Swiss Army Man is now out in UK cinemas (try your local indie cinema if you’re struggling to find it!) and we hope you’ve all been to see this brilliant film!
– The Graham Norton Show
– Buzzfeed – Manny interviews Da
– The Guardian
– The Culture Trip
– MTV International – Imperium
– All the Bodies – behind the scenes look at Dan’s body doubles on set
– Swiss Army Man – Deleted Scene – Fetishes
– Sky Cinema
– Celebrity Honk Off
– Capital FM – Roman Kemp
– Picturehouse Central Podcast
– The Big Issue
– Men’s Health
– Buzz.ie – includes hint that Dan might be heading to the West End next year!
– The Guardian
– Q&A at Picturehouse Central
– Ask Men UK
– Digital Spy
– BBC Three
Zurich Film Festival
– Green Carpet – Schweizer Illustrierte / Energy Zuerich / Full Event
– 20 Minuten
– SRF Radio
Finally, you can now pre-order the DVD/Blu-Ray of Now You See Me 2, in which Dan starred as villain Walter Mabry earlier this year. The release is set for 7th November 2016!
Hello! As promised, we’re back with regular round-ups. This week was an exciting one for us because we got to see Mr Radcliffe in person on Friday at the UK premiere of Imperium and Swiss Arm Man at the O2 in London! Dan, who was as lovely as ever, gave Empire Live a quick Q&A on both films. We’re happy to report that we loved both films, with Swiss Army Man coming out as a firm favourite.
– In Conversation with Steve Allen – You have to be a subscriber to listen to this one, but as we’re nice, we’ve uploaded it for you here (please credit if you share)! It’s a good one too, Dan hints at a return to stage work next year (fingers crossed it includes the West End!)
– Classic FM with Charlotte Green (about 25 mins in)
– Radio X with Chris Moyles
– BBC Radio 6
– Kerrang! Radio
– AOL Build London
– BBC Breakfast – Victoria Live (be warned, slightly rage-inducing!)
– BBC Radio 1 Breakfast – Nick Grimshaw
– Heat Radio – The Brag Off / Interview
– Good Morning Britain
– Heart Radio – One / Two
– Classic FM
– Hey U Guys
– LoL Mall
– ODE – Imperium / Swiss Army Man
– The Culture Trip – One / Two / Three
– DIY Film
– Sky News
– The Star
– Generic Footage
– Empire Magazine
– BBC London News
– 5 News
– BBC News
And that’s it! We’ll leave you with this:
Terribly sorry for the lack of updates lately, we’ve been a trifle busy adulting over the past few weeks. However, I’m happy to report that updates shall continue as normal from this week!
Instead of doing an absolutely huge round up, I urge you to check out our Twitter as we’ve been updating that as much as possible.
For now, Dan is currently back on our little island (huzzah!) and will be promoting Imperium which is out this Friday in select cinemas. He’ll also be promoting Swiss Army Man which is out the following Friday! How exciting! Here’s a list of some upcoming appearances to look out for:
16 Sept – Good Morning Britain (watch now)
20 Sept – AOL Build, London (Tickets)
21 Sept – BBC Breakfast with Nick Grimshaw (Avilable here after it airs)
21 Sept – BBC 6 Music with Shaun Keaveny (Available here after it airs)
23 Sept – Empire Live – UK premiere of Imperium and Swiss Army Man
26 Sept – Picturehouse Central, Swiss Army Man screening with Q&A with Dan (Tickets)
30 Sept – The Graham Norton Show
Dan will also feature in the new Big Issue, ShortList and Elle magazine.
If you spot that Dan’s going to be appearing anywhere, let us know!
Hello loves – apologies for the lack of round-ups recently, but there really hasn’t been much to report. There isn’t much to report this weekend either, but it’s been three weeks so we thought we’d pretend to make an effort.
Imperium is set for limited theatrical and VoD release on 18th August in the US, and you can see new stills here. Dan is taking part in an AOL Build talk Monday 9th August to promote the film, and his pre-recorded promotional appearance on The View will Air 10th August. Imperium is scheduled for a UK release 23rd September.
Swiss Army Man finally has a UK release date – 30th September. About bloody time. No word yet on whether or not Manny will tour the UK.
You can read through assorted Privacy bits and bobs on our Twitter. Privacy is just about to begin its final week of performances, after which Dan will be released back in to the wild and will presumably be bored and looking for something to keep him busy … fingers crossed we’ll have a new project announcement in the next few weeks! Though he can have a holiday first if he’d like.
So, that’s it! We’ll see you next Sunday. Maybe. ❤
Lionsgate Premiere have released new stills from Daniel Radcliffe’s next film, Imperium. Directed by Daniel Ragussis, Dan stars as FBI agent Nate Foster who goes undercover to try to bring down a white supremicist group.
You can also read the press notes over on the Lionsgate Publicity website.
Things to look out for: Dan will take part in a TimesTalk in NYC on 8 August to talk about Imperium with Daniel Ragussis. Also on Monday you can watch the Live Stream of Dan being interviewed with Daniel Ragussis and Michael German for AOL Build. Dan will also appear on The View (pre-taped a couple of weeks ago) on 10 August.
Imperium is released in theatres and on demand in the US on 19 August. It will be released by Signature Entertainment on 23 September.
Apologies loves for the lack of Round-Up last week, particularly when there is plenty going on but unfortunately, life got in the way last Sunday. But we’re back, so settle in for a nice, big update!
Swiss Army Man
– Interview videos from ET Canada, The Wrap and Den of Geek.
– Press interview from The AV Club.
– Dan posted a video on his Google+ of some behind the scenes action.
– The film won 3 awards at the Neuchâtel International Fantastic Film Festival awards including Imaging The Future award for best production design (International Competition), NIFFF award from international critics (International Competition) and RTS Audience award (International and Asian competitions).
– A UK release date should be announced “soon”.
– The first trailer from Imperium was released! It will be released in the UK on 23 September in key cities and is rated 15.
– Dan will take part in a Times Talks with Imperium director Daniel Ragussis on 8 August in NYC. Tickets and info available here.
– The first production images from Dan’s off-broadway play were released this week. The play is set to officially open tomorrow and runs until mid-August.
– Dan will take part in a conversation about Privacy at the Public Forum on 1 August.
– There are lots of stage door pics available to view on our Twitter!
Now You See Me 2
– Press interview with GQ
– Jesse Eisenberg says that Dan turned down the lead role in Eisenberg’s play The Spoils.
– Jesse Eisenberg was shocked by Dan on and off set and Dave Franco respects Dan’s choices after Harry Potter.
Finally, enjoy this video of Dan announcing the sports world’s worst tweeters at the Deadspin Awards.
The first trailer has been released for Imperium starring Daniel Radcliffe and Toni Collette.
“Nate Foster (Daniel Radcliffe), a young, idealistic FBI agent, goes undercover to take down a radical right-wing terrorist group. The bright up-and-coming analyst must confront the challenge of sticking to a new identity while maintaining his real principles as he navigates the dangerous underworld of white supremacy. Inspired by real events, IMPERIUM stars Daniel Radcliffe, Toni Collette, Tracy Letts, with Nestor Carbonell, Burn Gorman and Sam Trammell.”
Imperium will be released by Lionsgate Premiere in theaters and On Demand August 19 in the US. It is set to be released by Signature Entertainment in key cities and On Demand September 23 in the UK.
Let us know what you think of the trailer in the comments or on our Twitter!
I think it’s fair to say that we have lost track of which project to focus on this week. Swiss Army Man was released in the US, Now You See Me 2 is about to released in the UK (at last!), Privacy started at the Public Theatre last night and we also got news on Imperium. So here goes…
Swiss Army Man
– Video interviews to watch: AOL Build, iTunes: Meet the Actor, JoBlo.com, Mashable, ET, Fox 411, Popular Science and for some reason, People got a bunch of kids to interview Dan. Adorable, but random.
– Interviews to read: Vulture, Bustle, Business Insider, Screen Rant, Complex
– Lots of clips were shared: Jurrasic Park, River Rocket, Masturbation and Help Me Get Home
– And behind the scenes footage: How they made Manny the dummy and Practical Effects
– Finally, a Happy/Sad/Confused with our very favourite Josh Horowitz.
Now You See Me 2
– Listen to Dan being interviewed by Craig Charles on BBC Radio 2.
– Dan explained why he loved plaing a villain with Digital Spy.
– Dan spoke with W Radio based in Colombia, where he filmed Jungle.
– Another press junket interview here with Cinescape.
– A fab, in depth interview was featured in Saturday’s Daily Telegraph.
– Imperium will be released 19th August in the US. As far as we know, it will be released in the UK on 16th September! Check out the new poster over here.
– Check out some new stills here.
Phew, now for a cup of tea! Don’t forget Now YOu See Me 2 is out in UK cinemas from tomorrow! Let us know what you think and when you’ll be going to see it!
A brand new poster has been revealed exclusively by Entertainment Weekly today. The poster features Daniel Radcliffe in character as FBI analyst Nate Foster.
Director Daniel Ragussis said this of the film:
“Daniel Radcliffe plays Nate Foster, the agent. His greatest strengths are his intelligence and his people skills; I learned from Michael that actual undercover agents are primarily master manipulators — able to win confidences, control situations, and out-think the enemy, even when mortal danger is staring them in the face. Toni Collette plays Angela Zamparo, his case agent and supervisor. She’s spent years focusing on white supremacist terrorism and is really the only person out there that’s focused on keeping Nate alive.”
The EW article also confirmed that Imperium will be released in US theatres and On Demand on Aug 19th. Signature Entertainment are set to release the film in the UK on Sep 16th.
Bit of a random collection this week. It’s very exciting that Dan has two films out so close together!
Now You See Me 2
– Dan appeared in London’s Balance magazine this week. You can now read this online.
– Pre-order your Now You See Me 2 tickets at Odeon for the chance to win some prizes!
Swiss Army Man
– Dan appeared on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, check out the interview here!
– A brand new clip debuted online. Watch here.
– Preview some of the songs on the soundtrack, and then check out this review. Tip: If you’ve got iTunes, you can listen to clips from the entire album. Also, rejoyce UK fans as you can pre-order this at the iTunes UK store AND it comes out the same day as America! Now if only we could get the film too….
– Dan gave the New York Times some tips on playing a dead body.
– We’ve seen part of this interview before from Sundance, but now it’s extended!
– Dan talks about the recording of real farts during the Swiss Army Man shoot.
– Swiss Army Man will get it’s European premiere at the Neuchatel Film Festival.
– We might be closer to seeing something from this film very soon!
More next week!