With promo kicking off for two of Dan’s upcoming films, this week was quite a good one. Read on, loves.
– Now You See Me 2 is released next week in the US (we still can’t figure out why the UK release date was pushed back an ENTIRE MONTH, but I digress…) so Dan appeared on The Today Show to promote his role in the film. You can watch the video here.
– Tomorrow, Dan will be the guest editor of IMDb and some of the material has been released early: you can check out his fan Q&A, filmed while he was shooting “Jungle,” a brand new clip featuring his character Walter Mabry and an article of Dan’s where he discusses actors and directors that inspire him. IMDb will hold a live Twitter chat with Dan tomorrow, so make sure you get your questions in, and use #IMDbAskDaniel!
– Yong Chavez spoke to Dan during the NYSM2 press junket. Video here. And there’s another interview here.
– The brilliant “Montage” was released this week, taken from the official Swiss Army Man soundtrack. The song is written and performed by Andy Hull and Robert McDowell and features vocals from Paul Dano and Daniel Radcliffe. Check it out here. Dan thinks the music is so good, it deserves an Oscar! Swiss Army Man has a limited release from 24th June in LA and New York, before opening wide on 1st July. Still no word on a UK date, sorry loves.
– Speaking of Swiss Army Man, you can now play with your very own Manny (Daniel Radcliffe). US fans can text for further commands, however we’re reliably told that the following will work if you type them in: Dreams, Compass, Radio, Canteen, Blowtorch, Knifehand, Friday, Cannon and Cramp. Enjoy!
There’s a smattering of other bits and bobs over on our Twitter, so make sure to check that out! Speaking of which, we celebrated gaining 500 followers this week so thank you very much for all your support so far! More next week.